Tom Webster recently wrote an article entitled, “What We Talk About When We Talk About Podcasts.” He posits that, while publishers may think they know a lot about their audiences, they don’t really know all that much. He outlines five questions that podcasters can ask of their audience in order to get a better grasp on who they are, what they want, and how the show can potentially appeal to more listeners like them. Arielle Nissenblatt and Tom discuss these five questions and share some more context on how to chat with your audience. Also in this episode, we discuss Sounds Profitable’s “The Medium Moves the Message” research study and Tink Media’s upcoming Adopt a Listener Month initiative.
Listen to learn about:
- 5 questions you can and should ask your audience
- How to actually get responses from your audience
- Why it’s not enough to just ask “what do you like about my podcast?”
- Why you don’t need this to be a study or have thousands of responses for it to be effective
- What’s coming up at Sounds Profitable