Google has a potentially huge opportunity to grow the podcast industry — both for publishers and for listeners (and even for advertisers) — by way of YouTube Music. The past few weeks have brought more and more attention to this possibility by way of Kai Chuk’s announcement at Hot Pod Summit at On Air Fest and a recent press release shared on Podnews. In this episode, Bryan Barletta and Arielle Nissenblatt discuss the opportunity at hand, what we would like to see, what we will likely see (realistically), and what the future looks like if the opportunity is seized.
Listen to learn about:
- How YouTube could potentially ingest RSS feeds
- What hosting providers and YouTube should be negotiating
- How Sounds Profitable plans to handle video
- Upcoming research from Sounds Profitable
- How AI fits into all of this