As our newest Account Director, you will play a pivotal role in the success of SME’s podcasting division by monetising our premium content, securing deals with advertising partners that will engage and delight our loyal podcast audiences. Working across audio, video and social formats, the Account Director will be responsible for managing relationships with media agencies and brands, crafting creative media plans and overseeing the successful delivery of campaigns.
This is an exceptional opportunity to succeed within the fast-growing podcast industry, representing the foremost premium content widely available today. This role allows collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment’s podcast producers and hosts internally, to devise creative media campaigns that optimize our range of inventory and unique position in the UK and global podcast marketplace. Winning new business, deepening relationships with advertising partners, and growing Sony’s revenues and reputation as a podcast publisher are key to success in this role. Our audio expertise brings to life the bold voices, big personalities and unforgettable storytelling for which Sony Music Podcasts have become globally renowned.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively manage the day to day activity across a base of agency and direct clients, identifying growth, pitching new business and upsell opportunities
- Secure bookings from new and repeat advertising clients, developing a revenue pipeline and creating new monetization opportunities for our podcasts and talent
- Set and attend regular meetings with key agency and direct clients, building a strong internal and external profile across SME and the wider podcast industry
- Work closely with internal SME colleagues, contributing to day-to-day operational processes, forecasting and communicating your sales pipeline with wider teams, and ensuring that all new revenue opportunities are implemented successfully within the existing business operations
- Utilise knowledge of podcast landscape to proactively develop innovative audio and video campaigns
- Analyse campaign performance data and provide recommendations to ensure client satisfaction and renewal of business
- Develop and present sales collateral for pitching to clients externally, and for ongoing education pieces on the evolution of the podcast ad sales market internally
Who you are:
- Demonstrable sales experience and success in digital &/or audio ad sales, with specific experience in podcast, broadcast or digital audio a huge plus!
- Strong passion for podcasts
- A clear and confident communicator, negotiator and problem solver
- A hungry, driven hunter mentality with a proven ability to generate new business.
- Proficient with the entire sales cycle, i.e prospecting; meeting and engaging; developing proposals and pitching.
- Strong existing relationships with audio &/or digital buyers at brands, holding group and/or independent agencies
- Excellent understanding of agency dynamics, how they operate and awareness of campaign planning and buying cycles
- Experience working a sales CRM like Boostr, Salesforce or Netsuite
- A natural relationship-builder, with a stellar track record in maintaining and deepening revenue pipeline
- Team player, looking for a company with a culture-first mentality and thrives in a collaborative environment.
What we give you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An excellent range of benefits, like private medical cover, a generous pension scheme, life assurance and income protection, plus loads of music biz perks
- We invest in your professional growth & development
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.