About Blue Wire:
Blue Wire is a premium network of independent sports podcasts covering a diverse range of league and team content, built around the simple idea that creators would be more successful if they worked together. This concept is the foundation of Blue Wire’s network of 275+ shows spanning national juggernauts like It Is What It Is w/ Ma$e and Cam’ron, No Chill w/ Gilbert Arenas, and Stay Hotto regional hits such as The Bronx Pinstripes Show, The Kevin Sheehan Show, Light Years, and many more. Together, we help creators achieve success by supporting the creative and multichannel monetization processes while building deep connections with partners.
At our core, we believe that hustle, authenticity, and community are cornerstones of success, and these are the values that connect our employees, network podcasts, and listeners alike.
Blue Wire is looking for a dedicated and hungry Account Executive to generate meaningful multichannel advertising and brand partnerships revenue across our network of podcasts and associated creators by expanding business relations with the company’s growing list of advertiser and agency partners. The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in multiple sales environments, driving both direct business while also acting as the podcast specialist in charge of helping key sales partners close deals.
- Position: Account Executive Los Angeles/Chicago
- Location: Los Angeles or Chicago
- This role may be performed remotely but requires regular travel to New York City, Chicago, and/or Los Angeles
- Build and manage deep relationships with ad agencies, direct clients, and the entire podcast media buying and planning chain
- Drive new and incremental podcast ad revenue across audio, video, and social channels
- Coordinate with internal departments and key sales partners to build account specific strategies and create consultative sales proposals that represent our best-in-class products and ultimately generate marketplace demand
- Meet with media and marketing prospects to build a sales pipeline that helps Blue Wire and key sales partners exceed quarterly and yearly targets
- Develop and manage prospecting process and outreach strategy for bringing new audio advertisers (and associated revenue) to Blue Wire
- Manage the sales process from proposal through post-analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years audio (preferred) and/or digital media sales
- Existing relationships with digital-first buyers and clients with an emphasis on audio agencies and major holding companies
- Proven success in acquiring new business and building and maintaining client and agency relationships that drive renewals
- Demonstrated track record of negotiating, structuring, and closing audio-centric brand partnerships
- Skilled collaborator who thrives in multiple sales environments (remote and in-person) and can effectively work with others to close business
- Organized, strategic thinker who’s able to take concepts to reality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset, creative thinker, results oriented, passionate, ability to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Sports enthusiast and up to date on leagues, teams, and major storylines
- Understanding of the digital landscape including Audio, Podcasts, Social, Video, Branded Content, Data/Targeting, Ad Measurement, and more
- $100,000-$120,000 base plus annual commissions, commensurate to experience