Account Executive, Newsletter Ad Sales & Brand Partnerships – Ad Sales Representative for Newsletter Vertical, Backyard Ventures
About Us: Backyard Ventures specializes in connecting our clients with premium brand partners. We focus on brand development and monetization across podcasts, social media, video, and email newsletters. We strive to find long-term, like-minded partners. We handle revenue generation for our clients so that they can focus on growing their brand. At BV we believe in names, not numbers.
Position Description: Backyard Ventures is seeking a highly motivated and results-driven ad sales representative with experience in digital media sales, particularly across the email newsletter vertical. The primary focus of this sales role is to identify, contact, and build relationships with potential advertisers, close newsletter advertising/sponsorship deals, and generate revenue for our current and developing roster of newsletter clients.
Job Type: Full-time / In-person or Remote
You will be selling:
● Email newsletter sponsorships/ad placements
● Leverage existing network to qualify, advance, and close email newsletter sponsorship/advertising placement deals.
●Lead prospecting efforts to develop new leads for potential advertisers through various networking channels such as email, phone, and social media
● Build and maintain relationships with current and potential advertisers
● Understand and communicate the value proposition of our content creators and their respective newsletters and other offerings to potential advertisers
● Build proposals, negotiate, and close newsletter sponsorship deals
● Prepare insertion orders, working internally with operations and production team for ad integrations
● Meet and exceed sales targets
● Provide regular reports on sales activities and progress
What You Have:
Proven experience in selling email newsletter sponsorships and digital media
Contacts to brands and agencies who are actively spending on email newsletter campaigns
Superior communication and negotiation skills
Self-motivated, results-driven, and able to work independently
Familiarity with podcasts and YouTube is a plus
Strong understanding of digital advertising platforms and technologies
Ability to meet deadlines and possess follow-through
2-5 years of experience in email newsletter sponsorship sales and digital media sales
● Flexible schedule
● Base Salary & Commission pay
● Healthcare reimbursement
Compensation is commensurate with experience and will be a combination of a salary + commission along with bonus opportunities.
Please only respond IF you have email newsletter sponsorship or digital media sales experience, or sales experience in the media industry as a whole.
Please apply through LinkedIn and email your resume to Matt@wearebv.com to be considered.