Account Executive, Podcast Ad Sales & Brand Partnerships – Ad Sales Representative for Podcast Vertical, Backyard Ventures
*Before applying please note that we are looking for someone with direct experience within the description and responsibilities listed*
ABOUT US: Backyard Ventures specializes in connecting our clients with premium brand partners. We focus on brand development and monetization across podcasts, social media, video, and email newsletters. We strive to find long-term, like-minded partners. We handle revenue generation for our clients so that they can focus on growing their brand. At BV we believe in names, not numbers.
Position Description: Backyard Ventures is seeking a highly motivated and results-driven ad sales representative with experience in podcast ad sales and a deep understanding of the podcasting ecosystem. The primary focus of this sales role is to identify, contact, and build relationships with potential advertisers, sell podcast advertising campaigns, and generate revenue for our current and developing roster of podcast clients.
Job Type: Full-time / In-person or Remote
You will be selling:
● Podcast advertising campaigns both for individual shows as well as run-of-network campaign opportunities. Our clients range from independent shows to NYT best-selling authors and former professional athletes.
● Leverage existing network to qualify, advance, and sell/close podcast advertising campaigns
● Lead prospecting efforts to develop new leads for potential advertisers through various networking channels such as email, phone, and social media
Lead efforts in both renewal outreach and the development of renewal strategies, alongside engaging in outreach to new and existing brand partners to explore advertising opportunities.
● Build and maintain relationships with current and potential advertisers
● Develop and nurture relationships with podcasters and show partners, ensuring their needs are met and expectations are managed effectively.
● Understand and communicate the value proposition of our content creators and their respective podcasts and other offerings to potential advertisers
● Manage the lifecycle of ad campaigns, from inception through execution, including tracking performance and making necessary adjustments to meet objectives.
● Collaborate on cross-promotion initiatives within the network
● Support in the preparation of RFPs and pitch to key accounts
● Identify solutions for underperforming campaigns and explore options for task automation to enhance efficiency
● Meet and exceed sales targets
● Provide regular reports on sales activities and progress
What You Have:
Proven experience in selling podcast advertising campaigns with a minimum of 2 years experience in podcast ad sales or related field, demonstrating a deep understanding of the podcasting ecosystem.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or a related field.
Strong project management, communication, and organizational skills.
Proficiency in digital productivity tools and a proven ability to navigate a fast-paced work environment.
A collaborative spirit, capable of working both independently and as part of a team, with a track record of driving results and managing successful ad campaigns.
Contacts to brands and agencies who are actively spending on podcast advertising campaigns
Strong understanding of podcast hosting platforms and technologies
Ability to meet deadlines and possess follow-through
● Flexible schedule
● Base Salary & Commission pay
● Healthcare reimbursement
Compensation is commensurate with experience and will be a combination of a salary + commission along with bonus opportunities.
Please only respond IF you have podcast advertising sales experience, or sales experience in the media industry as a whole.
Please apply through LinkedIn and email your resume to Matt@wearebv.com to be considered.