Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners — in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SXM Media is the gateway for marketers to the largest digital audio advertising ecosystem in North America. As the combined advertising revenue organization of Sirius XM Holdings Inc., SXM Media spans across leading owned and operated audio platforms Pandora, and SiriusXM; innovative ad tech solutions powered by AdsWizz; sonic creative consultancy Studio Resonate; and an extended content network featuring exclusive monetization agreements with Audiochuck, NBCUniversal, SoundCloud, and many more. Reaching more than 150 million listeners each month, SXM Media delivers audiences the tailored brand experiences they crave while putting creators first, making it easy for every marketer to produce, plan, buy and measure across its entire audio universe.
How you’ll make an impact:
SXM Media’s Business Analytics team is looking for a detail-oriented Business Analytics Analyst to develop and manage insights/dashboards/forecasts around Ad product performance and sales/revenue trends. This individual will work closely with stakeholders across the company (Product, Finance, PYM, and Sales) to gather requirements, transform data, interpret findings, and help create recommendations from the data. We are interested in a self-starter who will own the responsibility of telling a story based on what they discover and track down issues/anomalies as they arise. They must have a strong sense of time management, attention to detail, and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
What you’ll do:
- Point of contact for creating and maintaining dashboards, forecasts, and data transparency for key stakeholders and Leadership
- Ability to interface with various teams to develop contextual analysis around trends, issues, and the impact of proposed changes
- Proactively identify, document opportunities where data collection and analysis can improve business processes and influence decisions
- Create and maintain data pipelines and work closely with various teams to drive data collection and track-down technical and data issues impacting sales/revenue/inventory
- Work closely with stakeholder teams to ensure data classification and definitions of critical KPIs are understood and accurately captured
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of work experience in an analytical role
- Bachelor’s degree, with a successful track record in analytical coursework (Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Extensive experience with SQL and database concepts required
- Extensive experience with Excel required
- Experience with Data visualization tools (Tableau a plus)
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Strong analytical, communication and documentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to plan/pace projects
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- BigQuery, GCP, Hive a plus
- Python a plus
- Experience writing ELT processes preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- Experience with online advertising preferred
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
At SiriusXM, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We expect the base salary for this position to be in the range of $55,700 to $104,000 and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.