Airship is the podcast production company behind “American Scandal,” “American History Tellers,” “Business Movers,” “History Daily” and more, led by host and producer Lindsay Graham (no, not that Lindsey Graham). We also run “Into History,” a subscription channel and network of affiliated history podcasts.
As our slate of podcasts grows and new initiatives launch, we’re looking for an intrepid Audience Growth and Marketing Manager who wants a seat at the table of a young, growing company.
This position is critical to the ongoing success of Airship podcasts and programs. The Audience Growth and Marketing Manager is key to identifying, captivating and retaining new audiences for our podcasts, and expanding the subscriber base for Into History.
As Airship’s Audience Growth + Marketing Manager you will:
- With an entrepreneurial spirit, become a key player in Airship’s success
- Take responsibility for the growth of the Airship audience
- Take responsibility for the growth of the Into History subscriber base
- Take responsibility for the increased public profile of Airship hosts
- Develop integrated marketing strategies to promote podcasts, then execute, manage, report on, and optimize efforts
- Develop digital and traditional marketing assets to promote podcast shows, increase awareness and downloads, gain subscribers and build community
- Discover and cultivate cross-promotional opportunities
- Oversee communication and coordination with clients and partners
- Collaborate with Executive Producers to develop show ideas
- Manage miscellaneous company projects and ad hoc tasks as assigned
This position is ideal for ambitious mid-level candidates looking to work independently and with a great deal of freedom to achieve results and rise within a company with aspirations.
We’re eager to find candidates who love audio storytelling, love sharing it with the world, and want to cultivate a mutually beneficial, long-term professional relationship.
The ideal candidate keeps their copy, graphics and spreadsheets tight. They make thoughtful recommendations and execute like a craftsman. “ROAI” might be tattooed somewhere. But beyond the A/B tests and optimizations, they will have a passion for podcasts, love storytelling and be a creative, innovative thinker with proven initiative.
- An entrepreneurial drive
- Five or more years experience in building awareness for brands or products, especially in the digital space
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (journalism, communications, marketing, analytics, business); graduate degree a plus
- Experience running tests to optimize marketing initiatives
- Experience growing podcast audiences
- PR/publicity experience
- Podcast industry connections
- The ability to present, advise, and educate an executive team
- Enthusiasm for learning, growing and teaching
- Media production skills including graphic design, video and audio editing
- Experience using podcast tools Headliner, Chartable, Descript, Rephonic, etc.
- Experience using analytics tools like Google Analytics, etc.
- Familiarity with Airship podcasts
$75,000-85,000 annual salary, depending on experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision and long-term disability insurance, two weeks paid vacation, paid personal/sick time, and an employer-matched 401k program.
Airship values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status, or genetic information.
HOW TO APPLY
Airship is a growing company based in Dallas, TX with employees and key partners in Austin, Los Angeles, New York and the UK. The position can be fully remote, or hybrid in Dallas.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.