Wondery is hiring for a temporary US-based Creative Audio Associate Producer to support the Brazilian slate of both Narrative Limited Series and Always On Shows.
This role will have the primary goal of actively supporting the development of an adaptation of a Brazilian narrative miniseries to the US and a secondary goal of supporting the Brazilian team on the day-to-day production processes and content reviews/approvals of their whole podcast slate. It is the perfect role for the creative audio professional who displays both dynamic production and creative skills.
You will be vital to the narrative limited series adaptation process, providing an interface between the Brazilian and American teams. This will include scheduling talent and freelancers, booking studios, communicating schedules (and inevitable schedule changes) with external production companies and/or team members, and maintaining various documents, trackers and schedules.
You will also be vital to the day to day production, content approval and metadata input/review process of both Brazilian Always On Shows and Narrative Limited all done with external production companies. Fluent Portuguese, strong organization and communication skills are absolutely essential for this role.
You will report to the sr. original producer in Brazil and Wondery staff in the US. This is an opportunity to help build and maintain our growing Brazilian slate of shows while also aiding the first ever BR-US content exchange in Wondery. We develop premium content and this role is key to building the foundation under each show.
This is a six month contract position with the possibility to extend. Compensation will be based on location, skillset, and experience and will be no less than $45 an hour.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the podcast adaptation of the Brazilian Narrative Limited Series to the US
- Support the production and creative reviews and approvals of the Brazilian podcast slate
- Manage parts and deliverable schedules for both the adaptation and the Brazilian podcast slate
- Coordinate production logistics, timelines and expectations with Brazilian external production companies and Wondery’s BR and US teams. Shepherding assets through the production process
- Own key administrative functions including tracking invoices, managing contracts and production paperwork, and scheduling
- Native or Fluent Portuguese and English and some knowledge of the Brazilian podcast landscape
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to pivot and creatively problem solve
- A systematic or process-driven approach to projects with a bias for action
- Proven creative experience of executive producing or running both narrative miniseries podcasts and always on shows. Skilled at self-direction and strong ownership of project and process
- Diplomatic communication skills Solutions oriented Podcast obsessed
- Experience as a creative executive producer, coordinator and/or producer
- Experience with a varied range of genre of contents
- Some life experience living in Brazil in the past