Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners — in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM’s subsidiaries Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. Pandora provides consumers with a uniquely-personalized music and podcast listening experience with its proprietary Music Genome Project® and Podcast Genome Project® technology. Pandora is available through its mobile app, the web, and integrations with more than 2,000 connected products.
SXM Media is the gateway for marketers to the largest digital audio advertising ecosystem in North America. As the combined advertising revenue organization of Sirius XM Holdings Inc., SXM Media spans across leading owned and operated audio platforms Pandora and SiriusXM; innovative ad tech solutions powered by AdsWizz; sonic creative consultancy Studio Resonate; and an extended content network featuring exclusive monetization agreements with Audiochuck, NBCUniversal, SoundCloud, and many more. Reaching more than 150 million listeners each month, SXM Media delivers audiences the tailored brand experiences they crave while putting creators first, making it easy for every marketer to produce, plan, buy and measure across its entire audio universe.
How you’ll make an impact:
The Contracts Manager role will provide legal support to the Legal team both on the ground in New York and across the company. This person should have at least 5 years of direct experience, 3 of which should consist of experience in a corporate in-house legal department environment. The right person for this position must be a team player with highly collaborative interpersonal skills. This individual will take pride in personal excellence, display a high level of energy and possess a proven ability to thrive in an environment with frequently shifting priorities.
What you’ll do:
- Review and negotiate sales agreements with advertisers, agencies and third parties in support of sales and revenue-related operations, while driving such contracts to close in a timely, pro-business manner.
- Responsible for maintaining legal databases and resource pages.
- Implement and handle legal operational matters and improvements for legal department processes.
- Negotiate and manage transactional matters related to sales and revenue driving initiatives.
- Assists with the development of training programs and materials for client and legal team training sessions.
- Work with internal groups, such as sales operations, revenue operations and finance, to drive continuous improvement, constructive problem solving and consensus, and to establish appropriate policies and procedures for effective and efficient support of sales and revenue generating functions.
- Support a combination of transactional and other needs that flow through the legal department: Sales and Commercial Contracts, Artists and Events, Technology Licensing, Vendor Management, Contracts Management, Process and Workflow Improvement.
What you’ll need:
- 5 years direct experience with at least 3 years of in-house legal department experience, providing legal support to transactional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex legal transactions and drive them to close.
- Ability to identify, assess, and explain risk for legal and business stakeholders.
- Detailed, hands on experience with IAB/AAAA Ad Unit Guidelines and other related contracts.
- Ability to negotiate with strong influencing skills, experienced at working with commercial contracts.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal and external clients.
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature and calm under fire.
- Experience with creating contracts and/or workflow processes and related improvements.
- Experience with project management and certifications is a plus.
- High competency with Microsoft Office, Office 365, Excel, PowerPoint and online research tools
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Adobe Sign and other contract management and legal department management tools is a plus.
- Certificate from an accredited paralegal program preferred.
- Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment but be focused when needed on the matter at hand.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
At SiriusXM, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We expect the base salary for this position to be in the range of $99,000 to $107,700 and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.