Who are we and why should you join us?
BetterHelp is on a mission to remove the traditional barriers to therapy and make mental health care more accessible to everyone. Founded in 2013, we are now the world’s largest online therapy service – providing affordable and convenient therapy in 210 countries and over 60 languages across the globe. Our network of over 30,000 licensed therapists has helped millions of people take ownership of their mental health and change their lives forever. And we’re not stopping there – as the unmet need for mental health services continues to grow, BetterHelp is committed to being part of the solution.
As the Creative Director at BetterHelp, you’ll join a diverse team of licensed clinicians, engineers, product pros, creatives, marketers, and business leaders who share a passion for expanding access to therapy. And as a mental health company, we take employee mental health just as seriously as we do our mission. We deeply invest in our team’s well-being and professional development, because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand.
At BetterHelp, you’ll carve your own path, make an immediate impact, and be challenged every day – with a supportive community behind you the whole way.
What are we looking for?
BetterHelp is looking for a Creative Director to lead creative production and vision across all of our digital and traditional channels – and shape the future of the BetterHelp brand.
In this role, you will oversee a dynamic team of designers, production artists, social media and influencer managers, and content producers to develop high-performing, inspiring, and innovative ad concepts from ideation through execution.
You will work hand-in-hand with our talented and analytical paid media campaign managers, and cross-functionally with our product team, to produce best-in-class ads and content and define our brand strategy. The creative you own will garner billions of impressions and be supported by a nine-figure annual advertising budget.
What will you do?
- Be a key thought leader and people manager for our award-winning Marketing Team.
- Define the creative vision, from design to messaging, for all of our advertising materials.
- Focus on maximizing ad performance on all channels, with an eye towards creating the next winning BetterHelp ad.
- Manage, optimize and measure performance of all ad production resources, both internal and external, to maximize efficiency.
- Analyze performance and constantly iterate based on what’s working and what isn’t.
- Craft compelling stories that simply and strongly connote the “why” behind BetterHelp.
- Oversee our organic social media strategy and execution,and optimize our paid media strategy.
- Wherever BetterHelp appears – be that in ads, in the product, on social, online, or across multiple entertainment channels from podcasts to TV – ensure that the brand feels consistent, impactful and appealing!
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure that all creative content is in line with the overall strategy and brand identity.
- Supervise and mentor a team of designers, production artists, social media and influencer managers, and content producers.
- Find, vet, develop and maintain relationships with external vendors, agencies and contractors while closely tracking their performance.
- Stay on top of industry trends, AI tools and all new technologies to ensure our creative operations are innovative and efficient.
- Support internal creative needs like employee gifts, office decor, and team photos.
- Enjoy great teamwork, have lots of fun, and take pride in building a world-class product that makes a difference in people’s lives.
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about funding. We have startup DNA, but we’re fully backed and funded by our parent company, Teladoc Health.
- You will NOT be confined to your “job”. We believe in nurturing employees’ interests and passions – even if some of them lie outside of your core responsibilities.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, egos, or bad attitudes. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people are allowed here!
- You will NOT get burned out. We work hard, but we also believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Seriously.
- You will NOT have to wonder why you’re doing the work you’re doing. Our day-to-day operations translate into people getting the help they need.
Can I work remotely?
Yes. We operate in Pacific Time and candidates in any time zone are welcome to apply. We also ask our employees to travel to our Mountain View, CA office up to six times per year to collaborate in person in order to build better working relationships and experience our in-office culture. Travel expenses will be covered and reasonable accommodations will be made for those under unique circumstances who cannot travel.
- A proven creative leader with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience leading creative teams and projects (and the portfolio to show for it!).
- Experience creating ads for large DTC brands with substantial advertising budgets.
- Demonstrated track record of building and supervising creative teams.
- Ability to think big and broad across all possible channels and execute to an extraordinary level of craft.
- Experience overseeing social, influencer and content strategy – both organic and paid.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Talent for working cross-functionally with almost every team in an organization, and representing the Creative Team’s projects and services clearly.
- Inspiring/notable examples of developing a strong brand voice.
- Experience working with and within beloved brands.
- Passion for our mission and mental health.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills, strong attention to detail, outcome-oriented.
- Ability to work in the US and travel to our Mountain View, California offices up to six times per year and to an additional company offsite.
- Ability to work in the US, to travel to our Mountain View, California offices up to six times per year and to an additional company offsite.
Bonus (Helpful, but not required)
- Overseeing high value onset production of creative video ads
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Unrivaled perks program (including free therapy, UberEats, and more)
- Remote work with regular in-person bonding experiences sponsored by the company
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute walk from Caltrain
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- The chance to build something that changes lives – and that
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- An awesome community of co-workers
The base salary range for this position is $175,000 – $230,000. In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for a performance bonus, RSUs, and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: . Total compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable for all full-time positions.
At BetterHelp we thrive on difference and individuality, and as part of the Teladoc Health family, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status, parental status, disability, or Veteran status.