Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, The Shrink Next Door, Even the Rich and Business Wars, and distribution of hit partner shows SmartLess, My Favorite Murder, Morbid and How I Built This. Wondery was behind eight of the “Top 25 New Shows of 2021”, according to Podtrac, including #1 (The Apology Line) and #2 (Suspect). Over 45 shows from Wondery have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts including Scamfluencers and Twin Flames. Many Wondery podcasts have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death and Joe vs Carole on Peacock and The Shrink Next Door and WeCrashed on Apple TV+. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling.
Wondery is seeking an experienced and collaborative person for the position of Digital Operations Manager, UK & EU. This is a full-time position in Wondery’s International team. This role will support podcast operations across Wondery’s portfolio of original podcasts and partner shows. It is a cross-functional role that requires a process-driven and operational mindset, keen attention to detail, as well as technological skill and aptitude. We are looking for someone with experience that will help them thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
Key job responsibilities
– Oversee and optimize content operations workflow for International Podcasts in the EU, including development and maintenance of best practices and process improvements
– Execute podcast launches, publish and distribute final audio and metadata for Wondery original podcasts and support selection of Partner shows on third-party and Amazon-owned distribution services
– Onboard and train EU Wondery stakeholder teams to publish their content in accordance with their Wondery agreement
– Manage strong coordination between various internal and external groups to ensure accurate delivery and distribution of Wondery content
– Oversee content publishing and curation of Wondery’s service, including homepage and show pages
– Review published episodes on a variety of services for quality control
– Collaborate with EU Podcast Managers to localize and translate external partner resources as required
– Report to US Head of Digital Ops to support on growth areas as we continue refine our international needs
– Work closely with Product Management to ensure content publishing strategy aligns with business objectives and provide input that drives improvements to the overall content workflow
– Proactively inform and recommend publishing, distribution, and content operations solutions to senior leadership
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
– Experience in program or project management
– Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
– Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
– Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
– Experience defining and executing program requirements
– Experience in stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders at varied levels of the organization
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).