Join editaudio and be part of a diverse team of passionate, creative individuals who create engaging podcast content.
As the Business Development Director your mission is to work with us to grow editaudio into a leading global podcast production company. You will scale revenue, manage the acquisition of new production and ad-sales clients.
This is a full-time remote role with a base salary of $70-90K and an estimated OTE salary of $150-210K per year, including salary, commission and accelerators.
What you’ll do:
- Own and develop client and agency relationships
- Lead client-facing meetings to uncover needs, provide updates, and organize client feedback
- Meet and exceed quarterly activity metrics such as outbound emails, client meetings, quotes delivered, and wins that support the overall revenue goals of the business
- Successfully maximize revenue through new sales, rate negotiation, client onboarding, and expanding existing business
- Work with our Production Manager so that they can better track deliverables, and organize client feedback
- Attending select client functions and industry events occurring in key markets
- Creates quotes and proposals for new projects that include detailed project budgets and Statements of Work. Is comfortable negotiating deals
- Cultivates relationships with new clients and assists in the creation and delivery of pitches
- Works with CEO and team on marketing and community building initiatives to ensure they align with the company’s overall trajectory
The Ideal Candidate:
- Shares our excitement about the work we are creating and is passionate about our continued growth
- Has a network of senior leaders and decision-makers at the agencies and companies across the US, UK and Canada
- Is strongly aligned with editaudio’s mission to make podcasting more representative of the world we live in
- Is passionate about connecting with industry members and continuing to learn about new trends in podcasting
- Has proven successful experience working in media sales and creative agencies (audio sales are a plus!)
- Has excellent presentation skills and is excited to pitch our services to potential clients in the tech sector and to other media agencies
- Has experience using and translating data and analytics to drive sales strategies and results
- Is comfortable working remotely and with team members located in different time zones
- Is self-motivated to manage their own schedule and collaborating with team members