Condé Nast is home to Wired, Vogue, GQ, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair and more of the world’s most celebrated brands. Condé Nast Entertainment (CNE) develops, produces and distributes video content across all of these brands. Our team creates high quality video programming experiences for viewers across every screen, and is led by industry veterans who have built video businesses with billions of monthly views. Since its inception in 2011, CNE has grown rapidly and has an extensive digital distribution network, with more than 37 million subscribers on Youtube and ranks in the top 20 in unique viewers in comScore’s Top 100 Properties.
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- 6300 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a talented, ambitious and experienced audio executive to lead and grow our tech, food and lifestyle brand podcasts. You should be an accomplished audio journalist; an omnivorous podcast consumer; a leader who can work closely with global editorial teams to create compelling programming for large audiences–content that will embody the sensibility, intelligence and sophistication of our legendary brands. You should have excellent interpersonal skills and editorial judgment, an extended network of talent and production contacts, superb taste, and an appetite for distinctive, adventurous conversations.
Reporting to the SVP, Head of Global Audio, you will collaborate closely with brand editors and contributors, lead strategic planning for each series, and develop and pilot new projects as necessary.
- Managing production and providing editorial direction to talent and staff
- Identifying and recruiting guests and contributors
- Designing and implementing production processes to increase our production quality, efficiency and nimbleness
- Closely managing the production budget
- Producing lively, superbly-crafted episodes that meet Conde Nast’s exceptionally high standards
- Collaborating with our product leadership to find new ways to share the shows we make with larger audiences
- Problem-solving and creating process within an evolving organization
- Collaborating with business affairs, legal and finance departments to create a framework for future shows
Preferred experience includes:
- 6+ years of experience in audio, audio journalism preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Excellent listening skills, curiosity and empathy
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated record of close work with high-level talent and skilled production staff
- An ability to articulate what makes stories, conversations and podcasts great
- A drive to understand and an ability to articulate what listeners want, and realize that in superbly produced audio
- Exceptional planning ability, as well as the ability to think strategically
- Excellent facility with ProTools, Riverside, Megaphone and other professional audio tools
The expected base salary range for this position is from $160,000 – $190,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including but not limited to relevant skills, training, experience, and education.
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply here, and we will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteristics.