6 Month Fixed Term (with potential to move to continuing).
Start date: ASAP
Application Deadline: 15th January 2024
Salary: On Application
The Podcast Show 2024 Overview
The Podcast Show is a truly international podcast festival with the largest gathering of the podcasting community, set in the heart of London’s buzzing media district.
With over 6000 daytime attendees from 40 international countries and over 450 speakers, the show features pop up stages, networking bars, special guest appearances, featured zones, live shows, showcases, exhibitors and a full in person conference programme across multiple talk spaces and theatres.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a well connected Head of Conference Programming, focused on curating high quality conference sessions in a hugely popular and creative industry.
The Podcast Show London 2024 Head of Conference Programming will take responsibility for curating and developing a standout podcast industry programme with over 150 panels, sessions and keynotes and oversee a team of content producers to deliver world class content across multiple stages at the show.
In this role which reports to the Festival Director, the Head of Conference Programming will also oversee all wider content features including receptions, activations, live shows, networking events and parties.
The candidate will have a solid understanding of the podcast industry and ecosystem with a UK and global perspective. You will have in-depth knowledge of the most current topical content and trends from every facet of the business including (but not limited to) publishing, the creator economy, brands and advertising, insights and research data, talent management and production.
At the helm of the entire programme, you will be a spokesperson and ambassador of the show to industry contacts at all levels.
The Podcast Show London Head of Conference Programming will have an established network of high level contacts within the industry (both UK and International).
- Developing the strategy for the programme to ensure we meet the needs of the delegates that attend and support the wider industry
- Deliver content to a broad range of audiences that work in the podcast industry, from new and established creators, talent, producers, executives, to audio specialists and commissioners
- Identifying and inviting high-level industry speakers, independent creators and opinion formers to contribute to the programme
- Ensuring a balanced programme from a diversity and inclusion perspective
- Researching and identifying emerging and existing trends, topics and themes for inclusion in the programme
- Identifying the most salient themes to include in the programme through dialogue with key stakeholders and influencers in the business of podcasting
- Having a strategic overview of the full programme and signing off on all session titles and associated content
- Overseeing a team of producers and assistant producers across all session spaces.
- Build strong and lasting relationships with senior-level speakers and sponsors
- Work closely with other members of the TPS24 Team on event schedules, timelines, social media posts, newsletters and press releases
- Provide post-show analysis and conduct post show debrief meetings
- Being an ambassador for The Podcast Show London
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 5 years’ relevant professional experience at the front line of the podcasting industry
- Experience in producing audio content
- Ability to work in and succeed in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Have a strong address book of industry contacts
- Confident in approaching industry potential contributors and thought leaders at all levels to build partnerships
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent scheduling, organizational, and multi-tasking skills with the ability to work across several content spaces and activations simultaneously whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Strong communication and follow-up skills to provide an exceptional speaker and partner experience
- Demonstrable track record of working in the business of podcasting
- A strong reputation in audio and broadcast
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across multiple teams
- Ability to copywrite marketable and exceptional session titles and descriptions ● Experience of managing a team
- Experience in managing budgets
- Presentation skills
To apply please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org