WONDERY is looking for a full-time Manager, Ads Account Manager to join the Ad Sales team. As an Manager, Ads Account Manager, you will play a key role in the success of our team by strategically building sales plans, accurately processing orders, and optimizing ongoing campaigns in a fast paced sales environment. You will use your excellent communication skills and solution-oriented critical thinking to interact with clients and podcast hosts to find beneficial alignments. You will use your management experience to oversee a team of 3+ Account Managers and further develop direct-reports. Your attention to detail will ensure that information shared internally and externally is accurate and polished. As part of a leading company in a quickly evolving industry, you will take part in setting new standards and processes for the future of podcasting.
Key job responsibilities
- Act as a people manager for a team of 3+ Account Managers
- Work closely with Account Executives to assist in all aspects of the pre-sale cycle
- Build client presentations, media schedules, RFPs, and post-campaign recaps
- Input planning details and process insertion orders in order management system
- Understand company best practices and policies and ensure orders adhere to them
- Partner with Ad Operations to ensure successful campaign execution
- Monitor campaign performance and work with client and internal teams to optimize
- Work with Finance team to resolve invoicing questions
- Manage pre-sale communication with podcast hosts
- Take ownership on sales operations projects
A day in the life
This role reports to the Lead Ads Account Manager and supports the sales team with planning, research, presentations and recaps, account management, people management (manage a team of 3+ Account Managers), and document maintenance. We are looking for a highly organized, capable self-starter who is passionate about the medium, learns quickly, thinks critically and wants to work with a quickly-growing global brand.
About The Team
Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, British Scandal, Even the Rich and Business Wars, as well as distribution of hit partner shows SmartLess, Morbid, My Favorite Murder, and How I Built This. Wondery was behind eight of the “Top 25 New Shows of 2022” (according to Podtrac) and is the #2 podcast network in the US (according to Podtrac and Triton) including Twin Flames, Fed Up and Will be Wild. Over 50 shows from Wondery have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts. Many Wondery podcasts have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death and Joe vs Carole on Peacock and The Shrink Next Door and WeCrashed on Apple TV+. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling. The Wondery app offers a unique, personalized, podcast-first listening experience, including access to its premium offering Wondery+. With Wondery+, fans get a premium listening experience, including exclusive podcasts, early access to new episodes of hit shows, ad-free listening, merch discounts, live streamed events, and more.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 2+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years in role or domain
- Experience with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, PowerPoint
- Experience analyzing data and best practices to assess performance drivers
- Experience in client-facing roles
- Precise attention to detail with excellent accountability and follow-through
- Fluent written and verbal communication
- Dexterity with Google Sheets and PowerPoint
- Able to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities
- Resourceful and solution oriented
- Experience using OMS/CRM software
- Passion for podcasts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $59,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $142,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.