The TED Audio Collective is looking for a Podcast Marketing Associate to play a vital role in growing our podcast audience and collaborating with the team on podcast launches and ongoing promotion. This person will support TED’s strategy for podcast marketing, communicating with platform partners about upcoming launches and cross-promoting TED’s content with other publishers. This individual is highly efficient and organized, enjoys troubleshooting, and is comfortable with managing multiple priorities. We are looking for a self-starter who’s always thinking ten steps ahead. A background in marketing is essential, and a love of podcasts and digital media is a huge plus. The role will start by focusing on supporting and executing marketing campaigns, with a growth path to building and leading campaigns.
About the TED Audio Collective
The TED Audio Collective is a collection of podcasts for the curious. They’re for listeners as excited by psychology and design as science and technology—who want to dig deep into today’s most exciting ideas. This role is part of TED’s Brand and Marketing team, reporting to the Sr. Marketing Manager. This team touches marketing for all of TED’s initiatives and works in lock-step with the Audio team to support our podcasts.
- Support cross-promotional efforts for TED’s podcasts, including maintaining existing relationships with other podcasts and finding new collaborative partners.
- Write scripts for cross-promotion spots and coordinate with production partners and/or podcast hosts to ensure they are recorded and delivered
- Actively build and maintain relationships with podcast platform partners like Amazon Music and Tune In to secure editorial placements for TED podcasts
- Support the operationalization of a growing Apple Podcasts Subscription strategy
- Coordinate the creation of design assets like banners for podcast platform features, social posts, and newsletter promotion
- Draft episode metadata such as descriptions and titles for several podcasts in TED’s collective
- Manage podcast house ads, overseeing inventory allocation and asset execution, that serve TED-wide initiatives like TED@Work, Membership and Conferences
- Work with broader TED Brand & Marketing team to support select projects as needed
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 1-2 years experience in a marketing role at an agency or media company
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and efficient; knows how to streamline and loves deadlines
- Demonstrated success in project management
- Strong copywriting skills and experience writing for different audiences and marketing placements like email, social media, and audio
- Comfortable using data to inform decision-making
- Proactive problem solver and communicator
- Kind, collaborative, and comfortable working on a distributed team
- Executes their job with a high sense of ownership
- Has a deep knowledge and interest in media and culture. A love of podcasts is a big plus.