Remote, within 3 hours of Eastern time zone work day
Freelance, estimated 10-20 hrs per week
USD $30 – $40/hr
Get in on the ground floor of our vibrant and growing podcast network to help produce technical content for our audience of IT professionals. You’ll provide post-production and social media support on 9 podcasts, plus a blog, video channel, job board, and newsletter, to help us grow our audiences.
Ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in? As the production assistant for Packet Pushers, your weekly focus will be to:
- Work closely with the Content Director, show hosts, and other team members to post-produce and publish podcasts, blog posts, videos, and newsletters across the network:
- Research SEO keywords
- Write optimized titles, descriptions, excerpts, image names, and alt text
- Review and edit podcast transcripts
- Compile and publish episode show notes
- Upload audio and video to publishing platforms
- Create podcast episode audiograms and publish them to YouTube
- Choose audio and video excerpts for social sharing, and work with the video editor to get them produced
- Create YouTube thumbnails and episode cover art in Photoshop
- Set up, format, and publish content in WordPress
- Produce the weekly Packet Capture newsletter, which includes a summary of all new content published across the network that week.
- Write and publish compelling social posts, primarily for LinkedIn, sharing new audio, video, and blog content.
- Experience working with content tools and platforms such as WordPress, YouTube, Ahrefs, Photoshop, Beehiiv, Agorapulse, or similar.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Very organized, with great attention to detail
- A driver who gets stuff done
- Someone who thrives on a small team
- A sharp and curious mind who picks up new ideas quickly
- Not afraid to experiment, ask questions, and try new things
- A background in IT or networking will make it much easier for you to understand our content and position it well though it’s not a hard requirement.
As we grow, there’s a strong possibility for this role to become full-time.
About Packet Pushers
Packet Pushers is a long-standing and highly trusted source of technical deep-dives, industry news, and community for network and IT professionals. Through our podcasts, newsletters, blog, and video channel, we’ve built a deeply loyal audience who rely on us to cut through the vendor noise to build their IT knowledge and their careers. More about us