Airwave podcast network seeks a Publicity Coordinator. This role will focus on initiating and managing public relations efforts for Airwave and Airwave’s podcasts. This high-profile role requires an experienced team member with relationships in podcast and non-podcast media and ability to activate and oversee publicity campaigns at the highest level.
This is a contract position with potential to convert into full-time hire, based on organizational needs and performance. This role works closely with the Airwave content and marketing teams, talent, and related production team(s).
- Earned Media Outreach: Engage in efforts to secure earned media, featured placement, and interviews for Airwave’s podcasts and podcasters on other podcasts, podcast listening platforms, and in non-podcast media, including but not limited to print publications, blogs, online media, social media influencers, and television.
- Social Media Management: Manage Airwave’s social media accounts and create regular posts every week promoting Airwave’s podcasts and providing informational content for podcasters and people in the podcast industry.
- Monthly Newsletter: Draft and distribute a monthly newsletter.
- Press Releases: Draft and distribute press releases as needed.
- Public webinars: Help to organize, host and promote regular public webinars.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing/publicity, earned media outreach, and promotional/social media content creation.
- Experience in the podcast industry.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with crafting and coordinating successful publicity campaigns.
- Experience in the podcast industry and a familiarity with the marketing and publicity strategies to launch and grow podcasts.
- Relationships with outlets, journalists, bookers, hosts, bloggers, and influencers in print media, online media, social media, podcast media, radio, and television.
- Experience in social media management and content creation for Facebook, X/Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
- A writer with style who can craft content that achieves marketing/promotional goals but also delivers informational value for the reader.
- Strong writing, grammar, and communication skills.
- A self-starter who is proactive and has exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong team player who possesses excellent communication skills.
- High level of personal integrity, kindness, and respect for others.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment at one of the fastest growing podcast networks in the industry.
Airwave is committed to providing equal opportunities. We serve a diverse audience and are committed to non-discrimination. It is our policy to ensure that all individuals with whom we are in contact are treated equally without regard to age, color, disability, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, expression, gender identity or veteran’s status. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is an ongoing contract role, working 15-30 hours per week (negotiable). There is potential to extend based on performance and business needs.
Expected Start Date: November 2024
Location: Flexible (US-based, with preference for working PST)
Expected Salary: $25-$35/hour (exact compensation depending on experience)
Submit your resume, cover letter, and any other materials you’d like to hiring [at] airwavemedia [dot] com