Since 2014, Acast has been creating the world’s most valuable podcast marketplace, building the technology which connects podcast creators, advertisers and listeners.
Its marketplace spans more than 100,000 podcasts, 2,300 advertisers and 400 million monthly listens. Crucially, those listens are monetized wherever they happen – across any podcasting app or other listening platform.
The company operates worldwide and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. Acast is listed on the Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market (ACAST.ST)
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and skilled Senior Analytics Engineer that will work on an autonomous, purpose-driven team that develops and maintains ETL pipelines. The role empowers you with freedom for initiative and ownership, spanning across a large spectrum of areas. It starts from consolidating the data warehouse with scalable data pipelines, to implement anomaly detection systems for improving the data quality, to data mining and data science techniques to build insights. We are a remote, and diverse team that follows agile principles and has a DevOps-first culture. We also value a pragmatic mindset and the ability to make trade-offs on what to optimize for and when to ship.
Who you are
• You have experience in building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets. Experience in Python and Java or Scala
• You have worked with workflow management tools such as Airflow
• You have pragmatic mindset and can reason around trade-offs on what to optimise for in your solutions
• You have product analytics skills and experience in data modelling and you are used to cross-team collaboration
• It would be also great if you have experience in AWS cloud environment: Glue, Athena, Redshift
If you do not have direct experience with some of the tools, no problem! We are happy to develop you in these areas. Success will be measured by the increase in the data products usage, new product development within the team, feasibility, and innovation.
Where you’ll be:
• Most of our teams are hybrids with some members co-located in offices and some working fully remote. With a remote-first way of working we want you to feel productive regardless of work location!
• Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the UK or Sweden
• Working hours? We want to avoid teams distributed over time zones, so this team will operate within the CET time zone for collaboration. This setup allows us for more flexibility and work-life balance.
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!