ART19 is a leading audio platform, providing cutting-edge tools for on-demand hosting, distribution, ad serving, and audience measurement. At the intersection of publishers and advertisers, the company powers hundreds of millions of podcast downloads every month for the industry’s largest shows. ART19 enables publishers to manage all content and ad operations in one place, offering best-in-class targeting capabilities, seamless integration with listening platforms, and a flexible infrastructure to continuously enhance revenue opportunities for its customers. ART19 equips advertisers with services to reach audiences through smart targeting and custom ad creative capabilities.
In addition to offering best-in-class podcast hosting and we also power ad products that enable a growing targeted ad marketplace across a pool of more than 1,000 podcasts that includes shows such as “How I Built This”, “Morbid,” and “Smartless”, from major podcast networks like Wondery, CBS News, and NBC Universal.
Key job responsibilities
- Solving problems at scale excites you.
- You are interested in being part of a high-bar team with responsibility for the Network Security software used across all of Amazon’s businesses
- You talk to customers and design solutions to their problems; you automate and innovate.
- You believe that the craft of software engineering is about writing code right the first time. For you, code reviews and automated testing are not chores – they are a core part of writing great software.
- You do not throw your code over the wall. You launch it, own it, support it and make it incrementally better for the benefit of customers.
- You enjoy working in a flexible, fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
A day in the life
We prioritize distraction-free productivity so a day in the life of an ART19 engineer is focused and hands-on. You will work within a team of cross-functional engineers, product managers and designers, constructing the end-to-end features to enhance best-in-class tools for podcast creators. You will find yourself writing and reviewing code, architecting cool new things, and solving technical challenges.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here.
–Mentorship & Career Growth–
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and detailed and constructive code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About The Team
We believe in delivering the highest quality tools to empower and delight our customers. We act swiftly – recognizing our customers’ changing needs – and regularly introduce groundbreaking features. Each member of the team is an owner and we give them the agency and voice necessary to thrive. We take a test driven development (TDD) approach to building software and lean into iterative release management.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Culver City, CA, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA
- 3+ years of programming with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby experience
- 3+ years of deploying and operating in a Linux/Unix environment experience
- 6+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Track record of building and delivering mission critical 24×7 production software systems.
- Experience in SRE principals and establishing SRE program parameters.
- Strong knowledge of AWS services such as ECS, EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda and VPC.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, such as Terraform.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and managing CI/CD pipelines and automation tools, such as GitLab.
- Strong understanding of networking, security, and monitoring best practices.
- Proficiency in containerization technologies such as Docker, ECS, and ECR
- Strong object-oriented design and experience with web application development using Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with data and data warehousing technologies such as Redshift / PostgreSQL / Druid
- Experience with application monitoring strategies and tools.
- Experience with observability technologies such as Open Telemetry, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Proficiency with CDN technologies such as Fastly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.