ART19 is a leading audio platform, providing cutting-edge tools for on-demand hosting, distribution, ad serving, and audience measurement. At the intersection of publishers and advertisers, the company powers hundreds of millions of podcast downloads every month for the industry’s largest shows. ART19 enables publishers to manage all content and ad operations in one place, offering best-in-class targeting capabilities, seamless integration with listening platforms, and a flexible infrastructure to continuously enhance revenue opportunities for its customers. ART19 equips advertisers with services to reach audiences through smart targeting and custom ad creative capabilities.
In addition to offering best-in-class podcast hosting and we also power ad products that enable a growing targeted ad marketplace across a pool of more than 1,000 podcasts that includes shows such as “How I Built This”, “My Favorite Murder,” and “Smartless”, from major podcast networks like Wondery, CBS News, and NBC Universal.
Software Development Engineers on the ART19 team are end-to-end owners. They use technology to solve complex problems across the podcast ecosystem, collaborating with team members in and across teams. They have the responsibility to improve and build new tools, services, and applications. Taking a business problem from conception and designing, developing and deploying software solutions while holding a high bar for code quality and their craft, is at the heart of how they make impact. They have a responsibility to deliver on schedule using current software engineering best practices.
Communication is an integral part of this role, and there is an expectation that they will engage with stakeholders on planning and communication of project deliverables. They may also be part of an on-call rotation within their team and in the event of problems, are able to troubleshoot, research the root cause, thoroughly resolve defects whilst maintaining ongoing communication with stakeholders and customers.
Ads domain knowledge will be key in this role.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here.
–Mentorship & Career Growth–
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and detailed and constructive code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This role can be located in San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA OR Arlington, VA.
A day in the life
We prioritize distraction-free productivity so a day in the life of an ART19 engineer is focused and hands-on. You will work within a team of cross-functional engineers, product managers and designers, constructing the end-to-end features to enhance best-in-class tools for podcast creators. You will find yourself writing and reviewing code, architecting cool new things, and solving technical challenges.
About The Team
We believe in delivering the highest quality tools to empower and delight our customers. We act swiftly – recognizing our customers’ changing needs – and regularly introduce groundbreaking features. Each member of the team is an owner and we give them the agency and voice necessary to thrive. We take a test driven development (TDD) approach to building software and lean into iterative release management
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Culver City, CA, USA | San Francisco, CA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems. relational databases, caching solutions and web service frameworks
- Strong Hands on experience with Scala, Python, Ruby and/or Go.
- Experience in designing data streaming and event-based data solutions (Kafka, Kinesis, or like).
- Experience building data pipelines (Flink, Spark or like)
- Experience in Data Warehouse/ETL
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience building and scaling RESTful APIs.
- Experience in advertising domain.
- Experience using Git for version control and collaborating with other developers.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with other teams such as product and design to deliver high-quality software on time and on target.
- Continuously enjoy staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and best practices in software development.
- Experience using GitLab CI/CD for continuous integration and delivery.
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code and experience using Terraform to define, provision and manage infrastructure.
- Knowledge of ad tech protocols and standards (e.g., OpenRTB, VAST, VPAID) is a big plus
- Experience utilizing AWS services to build and deploy applications in the cloud.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.