Who are we and why should you join us?
BetterHelp is on a mission to remove the traditional barriers to therapy and make mental health care more accessible to everyone. Founded in 2013, we are now the world’s largest online therapy service – providing affordable and convenient therapy in 210 countries and over 60 languages across the globe. Our network of over 30,000 licensed therapists has helped millions of people take ownership of their mental health and change their lives forever. And we’re not stopping there – as the unmet need for mental health services continues to grow, BetterHelp is committed to being part of the solution.
As the SVP of Performance Marketing at BetterHelp, you’ll join a diverse team of licensed clinicians, engineers, product pros, creatives, marketers, and business leaders who share a passion for expanding access to therapy. And as a mental health company, we take employee mental health just as seriously as we do our mission. We deeply invest in our team’s well-being and professional development, because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand. At BetterHelp, you’ll carve your own path, make an immediate impact, and be challenged every day – with a supportive community behind you the whole way.
What are we looking for?
We’re in search of a visionary and strategic SVP of Performance Marketing with a proven track record in scaling a digital DTC brand to a household name through ownership of a multi-100-million-dollar Marketing budget. The ideal candidate has deep experience owning the performance marketing function of a growing business. They should be a proven leader in building and mentoring teams. A blend of creativity and analytical prowess is essential, coupled with the ability to execute a clear and consistent strategy across marketing functions. At its core, this role is a fit for someone who resonates with our mission and is eager to drive BetterHelp to new heights, giving even more people access to quality mental health care.
What will you do?
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies that align with the company’s vision and objectives.
- Customer Acquisition: Lead performance marketing across digital and traditional mediums with 9-figure budgets.
- Key channels include: Paid Search, Paid Social, Podcasts and Audio, Partnerships, Influencer, TV – Linear and Streaming, SEO, Lifecycle, and Print and OOH
- Content Creation: Oversee the Creative Team that creates high-quality content that educates, inspires, and performs.
- Performance Analysis and Optimization: Monitor and analyze performance metrics, providing insights and recommendations to optimize marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Market Research: Stay updated with the latest mental health trends, technologies, and regulatory requirements, ensuring that the company is always a step ahead.
- Team Management: Lead, mentor, and expand the marketing team. Foster a culture of innovation, accountability, and performance-driven results.
- Stakeholder Communication: Collaborate closely with the leaders in Product, Data, Clinical, and Finance to ensure cohesive inter-departmental alignment.
- Budget Management: Efficiently allocate and manage the marketing budget, ensuring a high ROI on marketing initiatives.
- Enjoy great teamwork: Have lots of fun, and take pride in building a world-class product that makes a difference in people’s lives.
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about “runway”, “cash left”, or “how much time we have until the next round”. We have the startup DNA but we’re fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your “job”. You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people are allowed here!
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we believe in maintaining a sustainable work/life balance. Really.
Can I work remotely?
Yes. We operate in Pacific Time and candidates in any time zone are welcome to apply. We also ask our employees to travel to our Mountain View, CA office up to six times per year to collaborate in person in order to build better working relationships and experience our in-office culture. Travel expenses will be covered and reasonable accommodations will be made for those under unique circumstances who cannot travel
- Minimum of 8 years of professional marketing experience, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated success in growing a company into a household name through Performance Marketing programs.
- Deep understanding of a diverse range of marketing channels – and how to boost brand awareness and track performance across all of them.
- Proven ability to balance creative, brand-building experiments with steady growth and performance.
- Talent for people management and interest in helping a small but mighty team perform at the highest level.
- Strong analytical, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in the US, to travel to our Mountain View, California offices up to 4 times per year and to attend an additional company offsite.
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Unrivaled perks program (including free therapy, UberEats, and more)
- Remote work with regular in-person bonding experiences sponsored by the company
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute walk from Caltrain
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- The chance to build something that changes lives – and that
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- An awesome community of co-workers
The base salary range for this position is $275,000-$305,000. In addition to the base salary, this position is eligible for a performance bonus, RSUs, and the extensive benefits listed here (subject to eligibility requirements): . Total compensation is based on several factors – including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable to all full-time positions.
At BetterHelp we thrive on difference and individuality, and as part of the Teladoc Health family, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status, parental status, disability, or Veteran status.