Wondery is hiring for a Coordinating Producer to support the Commissioned Originals team. This role will support day-to-day production processes across multiple podcast productions and work with show teams to ensure productions are properly resourced and remain on schedule. It is the perfect role for the audio professional who gravitates toward spreadsheets, scheduling, and organization.
You will be vital to the Commissioned Originals team, providing logistical, production, and administrative support. This will include managing external production companies, overseeing production schedules and maintaining deadlines, enforcing production best practices, shepherding assets through the production process, and maintaining various documents, trackers, and production tools. Strong organizational and communication skills are absolutely essential for this role.
You will report to the Sr. Managing Producer, Commissioned Originals. This is an opportunity to help build and maintain infrastructure and organization for our growing slate of shows. We develop premium content and this role is key to building the foundation under each show.
This is a 4-month contract position. Compensation will be based on location, skillset, and experience, and will be no less than $35 an hour.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the implementation and creation of production calendars and schedules across the department.
- Manage and enforce deliverable schedules.
- Coordinate production logistics, timelines, and expectations with internal staff and external production companies.
- Shepherd assets through the production process.
- Source contractors and assist with hiring.
- Review and quality control episodes.
- Write and review metadata where needed.
- Own key administrative functions including tracking invoices, managing contracts and production paperwork, and scheduling.
- Experience as a coordinator, producer, production manager or line producer.
- Experience with creating and overseeing schedules.
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to pivot and creatively problem solve.
- A systematic or process-driven approach to projects with a bias for action.
- Skilled at self-direction and strong ownership of project and process.
- Effective leadership and diplomatic communication skills.
- Solutions oriented. Podcast obsessed.
- Experience with Airtable and Slack.
- Experience managing multiple productions in a content realm as coordinator, project manager, line producer or the equivalent
- Experience with video podcasts.
- Experience with Dropbox and Google Docs.