We are looking for an experienced podcast producer to help bring our editorial talent and voice to life. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with a deep knowledge and passion for sports, comprehensive audio AND video production skills and thorough awareness of the latest trends in podcasting & social media. Additionally, this role will work not only with talent, but with Yahoo Sports’ editorial, video and social teams to analyze stories in the sports news cycle, develop new shows and show rundowns and assist in the multimedia rollout of videos and social posts in support of our podcasts.
● Fully produce conversational podcast/vodcast episodes:
○ Control production workflow from scheduling, talent management, episode topic ideation, recording/engineering via Riverside, audio mixing, full video episode editing in Adobe Premiere, title/summary copywriting & publishing.
● Publish and program podcasts via internal CMS, Art19, & YouTube.
● Work collaboratively with video, editorial & social teams to coordinate topics, scheduling & deliver media in a timely manner across multiple teams & channels.
● Collaborate in short-term and long-term audio strategy with the development of new podcast series as well as the video and social elements to support those series.
● Live production assistance as necessary for field & studio shoots.
● 3+ years professional experience in audio production including: engineering, editing, mixing and design. Knowledge of signal flow, noise reduction, mixing/mastering, troubleshooting techniques and overall audio best practices is essential.
● 3+ years professional experience in video production including lighting & framing best practices, multi-camera editing & motion graphics is also essential, as nearly every podcast is published in full-length audio & video formats.
● Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Premiere & Audition.
● Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop & After Effects is a plus.
● Flexibility with scheduling is a MUST as games & talent availability dictates schedule.
○ Night and weekend availability is necessary as determined by the sports calendar.
● Strong copy and grammar skills.
● Willingness and experience working on tight deadlines and abnormal hours, as well as a
willingness for occasional travel.
● A team-player with a can-do attitude, eagerness to multitask, work independently and
ability to take command of large, multi-faceted productions.
● Keen eye for what will resonate with the Yahoo Sports audience and sports fans in
● Passion for all sports is a must, with deep knowledge of at least one of the following
leagues: NFL, NBA, WNBA, MLB, NCAAF, NCAAB, professional soccer, motorsports &
● Contract position, hourly wage
● Contract for twelve months with possibility of extension up to eighteen months
● Remote work
If you have a strong passion for sports and an exceptional skillset, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic and multi-talented team at Yahoo Sports. Send your resume and any supporting links to brett.rader