The Three New Channels will highlight Wondery’s popular True Crime, Sports and Entertainment podcasts including “Dr. Death”, “Killer Psyche,” “Six Trophies with Jason Concepcion and Shea Serrano,” “Baby, this is Keke Palmer,” “Don’t Panic,” “Business Wars,” and more
CULVER CITY, California – October 23, 2023 – Today, premium podcast studio Wondery announced three new free ad-supported (FAST) Channels that will launch on Amazon Freevee, as a new entry point for audiences to discover Wondery’s premium content. Wondery’s three new FAST Channels will be the first podcast video channels on Freevee, featuring over 20 Wondery series, centered around True Crime, Sports, and Entertainment & Pop Culture.
Starting October 31, Freevee viewers can discover new and old episodes of Wondery’s fan-favorite podcasts through a mix of on-camera video, cinemagraphs, animation, and show artwork from series like Morbid, Business Wars, Dr. Death and Baby, this is Keke Palmer. These new FAST channels highlight Wondery’s unique brand of immersive storytelling to audiences through a video-first free streaming service like Amazon Freevee. All FAST Channels available on Freevee can be accessed through the Freevee app, as well as within Fire TV and Prime Video.
“With podcast video being a means of discovery for many podcast newcomers, we’re excited at the chance to grow our listener community through free ad-supported channels on Freevee,” Jeanine Wright, COO, Wondery. “As podcast video become increasingly popular for both creators and consumers, Wondery’s FAST channels on Freevee will provide a unique opportunity for brands to expand their reach and curate custom content for podcast fans.”
Wondery Freevee FAST Channels include:
● Exhibit C (True Crime) – RedHanded, Killer Psyche, This is Actually Happening, Dr. Death, Morbid, Over My Dead Body, Who Killed Daphne, Fed Up
● Sports – Don’t Call It a Comeback, Sports Wars, Six Trophies with Jason Concepcion and Shea Serrano, We Playin’ Spades, Gladiator
● Wondery – Baby, this is Keke Palmer, We Playin’ Spades, I Love My Kids, But…, Don’t Panic, Business Wars, American Scandal, The Best One Yet
“With over 400 FAST Channels to choose from, Freevee customers have an incredible selection of content at their fingertips,” said Ryan Pirozzi, head of Amazon Freevee. “We’re always innovating to offer an increasingly better FAST experience, and the addition of podcast video channels from Wondery is an entertaining and unique way to introduce a new format for our Freevee audience.”
# # #
Wondery, an Amazon company, is a podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, British Scandal, Even the Rich, and Business Wars, and distribution of hit partner shows SmartLess, My Favorite Murder, Morbid, and How I Built This. Wondery was behind eight of the “Top 25 New Shows of 2022”, according to Podtrac, including Twin Flames, Fed Up, and Will be Wild. Over 50 shows from Wondery have hit No. 1 on Apple Podcasts, including Scamfluencers and Stolen Hearts. Many Wondery podcasts have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death and Joe vs Carole on Peacock and The Shrink Next Door and WeCrashed on Apple TV+. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling. The Wondery app offers a unique, personalized podcast listening experience, including access to its premium ad-free offering Wondery+. With Wondery+, fans experience early access, exclusive episodes, and ad-free listening. https://wondery.com/
About Amazon Freevee
Amazon Freevee is a streaming video service with thousands of premium movies and TV shows, including Originals and free ad-supported (FAST) Channels, available anytime, for free.
● Expansive Catalog: Amazon Freevee offers viewers ambitious Originals including Emmy-nominated docu-comedy series Jury Duty; crime drama Bosch: Legacy; Emmy-winning court program Judy Justice; rom-com Puppy Love; coming-of-age drama High School; performance special Monumental: Ellie Goulding at Kew Gardens; coming-of-age comedy Primo; reality design series Hollywood Houselift with Jeff Lewis; comedy series Sprung; music documentary Post Malone: Runaway; heist drama Leverage: Redemption; spy thriller Alex Rider; and the sports docuseries UNINTERRUPTED’s Top Class: The Life and Times of the Sierra Canyon Trailblazers. Combined with an always updating library of broadly appealing hit movies and TV shows across a wide selection of genres, and a catalog of more than 350 FAST Channels, including Judy Justice and Crime 360, Amazon Freevee delivers customers the content they would expect to see on a paid service.
● Free: The entire catalog of content on the service is free. No paid subscriptions necessary.
● Limited Ads: Amazon Freevee provides customers highly sought content supported by limited advertising.
● Instant Access: Amazon Freevee is available as an app on Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and within the Prime Video app. Amazon Freevee is available as an app on third party devices including Roku, Samsung smart TVs (2017-2021 models), Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Comcast’s Xfinity Flex, Xfinity X1, Chromecast with Google TV, NVIDIA SHIELD and other Android TV devices, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles, as well as LG Smart TVs (2018-2021 models). The app is also available on iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices.
To learn more about Amazon Freevee, visit www.amazon.com/freevee and follow @AmazonFreevee.